Issue Date: March 2023
Commitment: Full-time, FTE
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Chief Sales Officer (CSO) with an entrepreneurial mindset to bootstrap, grow, and lead our sales team and strategy. As the CSO, you will develop the sales department, revenue, and lead our expansion into new markets. Your mission is to develop the sales engine of the company from its current status as a promising scale up towards IPO and eventual exit.
As a bootstrapped and sales driven scale-up, FORMATION sees this role as mission critical at a key moment in the company’s development. With some early successes with our current customers (including the German Army), we now see this as a market with enormous potential and we’re looking for the kind of leadership in sales that is capable of delivering on this.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing our sales strategy, help us bootstrap, scale and manage a high-performing sales team, ensure customer satisfaction, and help us conquer the world market.
- Get us from where we are right now to being a successful and highly profitable player in the DACH market. Then help us grow to conquer Europe and then the rest of the world.
- Bootstrap and lead our sales team as you grow it with the revenue that you generate. Initially you will need to be very hands on with sales and be involved in closing deals. Your early success will power the sales team expansion.
- As a CSO you will own our sales funnel, monitor its performance, and fine tune as needed using the available levers.
- Work with the company management and product teams to develop a mid-term SaaS strategy for scaling sales globally.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Develop, maintain & nurture strong relationships with key customers and partners
- Represent the company at industry events and conferences
- Monitor the competitive landscape and adjust sales strategies as needed
- Directly manage HR for BDRs and other sales representatives.
- Looking for a challenge and eager to dive in and help us unlock a multi billion euro global market.
- Senior Sales Experience with both the DACH and international markets.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on attitude; ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed.
- Proven track record in Enterprise and SME level B2B sales, closing deals, and generating new business.
- Nice to have: Sales experience in manufacturing & maintenance, facility management, logistics or related sectors – ideally also with public sector sales experience.
- Previous experience running sales in the high tech sector and/or a strong desire to move your career towards high tech sales leadership.
- Strong interest and good general knowledge of current trends driving the high technology sector such as Location-Based Services, Geospatial Systems, AI & ML etc.
- Analytical & data driven mindset & skills; with ability to use data to drive decision-making to create scalable sales processes.
- Leadership and mentoring skills needed to scale teams and companies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers, partners, and colleagues.
- Fluent in English (our working language) and proficient in Business German (clients).
- Equity in our scale up and an initially commission heavy compensation package.
- Have an impact on the development of our company and the daily life of workers.
- Casual company culture and flat hierarchies. Suits optional (but customer appropriate). We prefer people to think for themselves and tell us when we’re wrong.
Want to change the future of work? Then join us and apply now. We’re excited to hear from you!
FORMATION is a Berlin based tech company that provides a data-powered workforce & worksite solution that helps companies of all sizes kickstart digital transformation. With FORMATION, you can make your workplace actionable and digitize your existing processes. Since 2020, we provide software that eases the daily jobs of working teams in and around large facilities. For our clients, our tools help to digitialize and streamline existing workflows and prevent long searches for materials, tools or colleagues. Thanks to our unique approach, workers get their job done more easily and companies get quick digitalization and optimized work processes faster – we are just getting started and there is so much more to come and we would love you to be part of our journey!
Excited to learn more and join? This is how our hiring process looks like:
- Send your CV to email@example.com, clearly marked CSO.Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject “Job Application” and detailing which position you are interested in.
- We will schedule a quick screening interview shortly after.
- Followed by a second round of interviews with the wider FORMATION team.
- A fast decision for everyone and a quick offer for the right candidate.