Our Company: FORMATION
You cannot use an old map to explore a new world.
– Albert Einstein
Frontline workers are often overlooked when it comes to digital innovation.
We aim to help them do a great job.
We respect the workers‘ needs as well as the increasing digitization of workplaces to deliver digital tools that help frontline workers succeed in their jobs.
We build an Interactive Map as a digital productivity tool for frontline workers.
FORMATION started as an idea long before the company was founded. Our founders began initial discussions about the concept of interactive maps for large company environments back in 2016. As the idea matured, Ian Hannigan’s team began to grow and initial surveys were conducted with potential customers.
But it wasn’t until 2019 that the technologies and markets seemed ripe for the idea. And so it was only now that the founders decided to implement the idea.
In 2020, FORMATION was formally founded with headquarters in Berlin, Germany. That same year, the team participated in the Bosch Startup Harbour Program and won the Smart City Award from the city of Berlin.
We never compromise TRUST
We have valuable IMPACT
We push TECH to the EDGE
We form PARTNERSHIPS on all levels
We DELIGHT customers
We CHALLENGE OURSELVES constantly
We are proud to say that we have a very dedicated team that works hard to achieve their goals, but also does not forget to celebrate its victories.
As FORMATION did not take on investment during its early days, our founders but especially many of our first colleagues went more than just the extra mile to make the company into what it is today. This way we were able to shape FORMATION into the company we wanted to work for as a team.
Today we are a team of 10 experts working in Berlin.
Meet our management team on LinkedIn:
Ian Hannigan - CEO
Philipp Stelzer - CSO
Jan Lachenmayer - CCO
Jilles van Gurp - CTO
Our partners & memberships
We are proud to be working side by side with excellent companies and organizations:
Get started with your interactive map today!
What Interactive Maps can do for you
Find, Don‘t Search
Get back up to 90% of the time spent on searching today.
Coordinate and connect your team accross any large workplace.
Keep the overview
Get a quick snapshot on the map that shows you what is going on.
Get in touch!
Problem Solution Fit
- You have a location specific challenge? Then we can help you solve it.
- We analyze your current setup and goals to identify optimal solutions for your challenge - either great existing solutions on the market or custom build to match your needs.
- We do not just stop with a clear recommendation. We also implement your new solution and get you and your team started successfully.
- You know what to track and where to track it, but you are not sure what technology to use? We analyze your scenario and provide you with a clear recommendation based on what you aim to achieve.
- Our experts can also get the system up and running for you.
- You already have location data and would like to use it for e.g. process optimizations? With our location AI and ML experts we provide advanced analytics tools to enable you to gain new insights and benefit from the power of your location data.
- You already have a tracking or positioning solution but would like to know if it can do more for you? We offer in depths reviews of your existing infrastructure and help you identify its strengths and weaknesses but also new opportunities for additional business cases.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Lernen Sie unsere Diskussionsteilnehmer kennen.
Executive Board Member, Next Data Service AG
Marcus Görke ist Gründungsmitglied der Next Data Services AG. Ein in Berlin ansässiges Unternehmen, das sich auf die Entwicklung von KI-Tools für diverse Branchen konzentriert. Bevor er seine neueste Firma gründete, arbeitete er u.a. als Senior Manager bei PWC und der UNITY AG, wo er viele globale Unternehmen bei ihren Digitalisierungsstrategien unterstützte.
Marcus Görke wird über seine neuesten Erkenntnisse zum aktuellen Stand von KI am Arbeitsplatz sprechen.
CEO, FORMATION GmbH
Ian Hannigan is a tech enthusiast and brings in more than 20 years of experience in building user centric products. Before Ian Hannigan started FORMATION he grew Fluidui.com to help millions of designers build better tools and services.
Ian will share his insights into adapting new technologies and how technology can help itself.
Venture Manager, Würth Elektronik Group
Thomas Waldmann ist Technologie-Scout und Venture Manager bei der Würth Elektronik Gruppe. Vor seiner jetzigen Position war er 22 Jahre bei OSRAM tätig, wo er sich vom Prozessingenieur und Berater zum Leiter der SP Services hocharbeitete.
Thomas Waldmann wird seine Einsichten über die neuesten Technologietrends für Industriearbeitsplätze mit uns teilen.
Möchten Sie Diskussionsteilnehmer werden?
Marketing Head, Microsoft
Werden Sie Medienpartner
Send us a message
Have a general question? We're just an email away.